News this week on UCLASS, Reapers, sense-and-avoid tests and more. Read the Alert
The Navy plans to release a final request for proposals for its Unmanned Carrier Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike program by the end of the month despite criticism from Capitol Hill over the service's requirements for the program.
Australia has accepted a request from NATO's International Security Assistance Force to operate its remotely piloted aircraft in Afghanistan for an additional five months, according to a statement by the country's Department of Defence.
After losing its F-16 fighter jets and the majority of its pilots to other wings, the 132nd Fighter Wing Operations Group of the Iowa Air National Guard is working to complete its transition to MQ-9 Reaper operations one year ahead of schedule.
- Army Conducts Successful UAS Sense-And-Avoid System Integration Test
- Army Testing App Integration With New Open Architecture UAS Controller
- Navy Awards $275M Contract Mod To Raytheon For Standard Missile-6 Buy
- Raytheon To Demonstrate MALD On Reaper In 2015; Planning EW Upgrade
- DOD, FAA Seek Help To Reduce Cost, Size Of UAS Sense-And-Avoid Systems
- DOD Seeking $6.1 Billion In FY-15 OCO Request For New Weapons Spending
- Forbes Expresses Concern About UCLASS' Ability To Combat Threats
- Major DOD Programs Conducted Earlier Testing With Eye On Cybersecurity
- DOD Taps Seven Weapons Programs For FY-14 Exportability Project Funding
- Stimson Task Force: U.S. Should Enhance Oversight Of Targeted Drone Strikes
- Senate Panel Suggests More Funding To Address MQ-9 Technology Gaps
- Pentagon Restructures JPALS Into R&D Effort, Defers Procurement
- Marine Corps Will Award Contract To Insitu For RQ-21A Blackjack LRIP 3
- Report: Existing Guard MQ-1 Sites Last To Transition To Reaper Operations
- ONR Developing Mobile Laser Weapon System To Counter UAV Threat
- Program Manager: 'Modest' Cost Tied To LCS RMS Operational Test Delay
- Existing Guard MQ-1 Sites Last To Transition To Reaper Operations
Northrop Grumman's Global Hawk unmanned system has participated in Unified Vision 2014 (UV14), NATO's largest joint intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance exercise aimed at demonstrating and evaluating the alliance's ability to coordinate and deploy allied ISR systems, the company announced this week.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.