News on the MQ-9 Reaper, the Fire Scout program and more. Read the Alert
The Air Force has approved a new acquisition concept for the MQ-9 Reaper that will reduce the cycle time between capability upgrades, according to the head of Air Combat Command's intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance weapons systems division.
The Littoral Combat Ship Coronado (LCS-4) recently completed dynamic interface testing with the Fire Scout unmanned aerial vehicle, which is planned to deploy as part of the LCS surface warfare and mine countermeasures mission packages, the Navy announced last week.
The British government has announced the deployment of Royal Air Force MQ-9 Reapers to Iraq in support of US. and coalition efforts to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant extremist group.
- UAS Used In Recent Aegis BMD Tracking Test
- Northrop Tests Unmanned Minehunting Vehicle Planned For LCS Flight II
- Navy Tests Swarmboat Technology, Operational Demo Within One Year
- Army Wants New Unmanned Aerial Vehicle For Long-Range Reconnaissance
- ACC Exploring Requirement For Affordable Surveillance And Strike Aircraft
- ACC Supports Northrop's Global Hawk Universal Payload Adapter Solution
- AETC Considering Universal RPA Simulator That Combines T-6, PRIME
- Global Hawk Testing Shifts Right Following Radar, PED Integration Delay
- Air Force Bringing Adverse Weather Capabilities To Global Hawk
- Northrop Confident Global Hawk Can Carry SYERS, Optical Bar Camera
- General Dynamics Pitched Autonomous Ground Vehicle To Marine Corps
- Textron To Develop Unmanned Mine-Hunting System For Navy's LCS
- DOD Inspector General Criticizes Air Force's Previous MQ-9 Procurement Plan
- Northrop Hands Air Force Initial Results From U-2, Global Hawk Sensor Transfer Study
- Northrop, AeroVironment Tapped To Develop Sea-Based UAV With Predator-Like Capability
- Navy To Reduce Triton Buy, Will Release Low-Rate Production RFP 'Soon'
- GDLS Pitches Unmanned Ground Vehicle To Reduce Logistics Footprint
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's "Program Review 2014" conference is scheduled for Nov. 4 through Nov. 6.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.