News on Japan's latest unmanned aerial vehicle purchase, bio-warfare sensors on unmanned systems and more. Read the Alert
The Japanese Ministry of Defense has announced the selection of Northrop Grumman's RQ-4B Global Hawk and E-2D Advanced Hawkeye to meet its military modernization requirements. The country has also decided to procure the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey.
The Army is conducting a market survey on sensors that can detect biological warfare agents and be used on multiple unmanned tactical platforms, including drones.
The Army is turning to industry for information on technologies needed to develop a network of trustworthy geolocation data systems.
- Rulemaking Group Considers Changes To 'See-And-Avoid' Regulations
- Army Wants New Ground Robots For Reconnaissance, Mine-Clearing
- Navy Looking At Lightweight Weapons, Sensors For Fire Scout Integration
- NAVAIR Looks To Industry For MQ-4C Sense-And-Avoid Radar Solution
- DARPA Seeks Input On Turning Planes Into Aircraft Carriers For Small UAS
- Navy Requests 15 Blackjack Air Vehicles From Congress To Fight ISIL
- Next-Gen RPA Concept Taking Shape Without Requirement From ACC
- Rockwell Collins Dropped From Army's Shadow UAS Engine Development
- Official: Potential Army Cargo UAS Would Crowd Out Current Helo Fleet
- Army Fears Delays In Robotics Program Due To Stopgap Budget
- MQ-21 Blackjack Will Begin Shipboard Testing In Late Fall, Early Winter
- UCLASS Program In Limbo; Hopes For Decision By End Of Calendar Year
- Weatherington: Affordability Remains Major Challenge For UAS
- Aurora Considers Comms Relay, Maritime Patrol Missions For Orion
- Aurora: GoldenEye UAV Could Be Adapted For Commercial, Civil Purposes
- Predator Aircrew Training Pipeline Open Despite Talk Of Retirement In 2017
- MQ-1, MQ-9 Formal Training Units To Produce Fewer Aircrews In FY-15
The Pentagon's advanced research arm is seeking help from industry and research labs to determine the feasibility and value of having large aircraft launch and recover a number of small unmanned aircraft systems.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.