News this week on Blackjacks, Fire Scouts, UCAS-D and more. Read the Alert
The Marines' unmanned RQ-21A Blackjack aircraft, which recently wrapped up land-based initial operational test and evaluation, is slated to begin at-sea testing in May before deploying in 2015, according to a Marine Corps official.
The Navy recently revised its test and evaluation master plan for the MQ-4C Triton to reflect test delays, according to a Navy official.
The MQ-8 Fire Scout unmanned helicopter will take part in a concept of operations assessment for the Littoral Combat Ship's anti-surface warfare mission package in early May aboard the Freedom (LCS-1), bringing together the LCS seaframe, MH-60 helicopters and the unmanned system for the first time, according to a Navy official.
- X-47B At-Sea Testing Aboard CVN-71 To Be Focused On Integration
- DOD Reports Changes To $1.6 Trillion Stable Of Big-Ticket Weapons Programs
- Air Force's 25-year RPA Plan Includes Unmanned Cargo, Tanker Aircraft
- GAO: Air Force Needs New Recruiting, Retention Plan For RPA Pilots
- Navy Conducts First Night Flight Of X-47B UCAS-D
- Air Force Progresses With MQ-9 Block 5, Block 50 Ground Control Station Development
- Program Manager: Fire Scout Adaptable To Any Small Surface Combatant
- Navy Will Release Draft RFP For UCLASS At The End Of April
- Marine Corps Assesses UAS Payloads As Part Of FY-15 New Start Effort
- GAO Lays Out Risks To Army's Gray Eagle Unmanned Aircraft Program
- ISR Acquisition Official: Air Force Rethinking RPA Command And Control
- Air Force To Issue Work Order For U-2, Global Hawk Sensor Study
- FAA Eying Center Of Excellence To Help Research UAS Airspace Integration
- Army Plans To Team Shadows With Apaches To Take Shape After Afghanistan
- Senator Questions Why Second JLENS System Not Being Deployed
The Navy last week released a classified draft request for proposals for the Unmanned Carrier Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike air segment to the four companies already under contract to conduct preliminary design reviews for the program, according to a service statement.
- Air Force's 'RPA Vector: Vision and Enabling Concepts 2013-2038'
- DOD's FY-15 Unfunded Priority Lists
- FAA Notice On UAS Center Of Excellence
- DOD's FY-13 Systems Engineering Annual Report
- GAO Report On 'Assessments of Selected Weapon Programs'
- SOCOM's RFI For Special Operations Warfare Emerging Technologies
- House Hearing On The Navy's FY-15 Budget Request
- Navy's FY-15 RDT&E Budget Books
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.