News on the Fire Scout, Global Hawk, Predator and more. Read the Alert
The Navy has decided to defer Fire Scout support for the Littoral Combat Ship's anti-submarine warfare mission due primarily to fiscal constraints, according to a defense official.
Rolls-Royce has almost completed the physical construction of a new, organic RQ-4B Global Hawk engine maintenance and overhaul facility for the Air Force at Tinker Air Force Base's Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, and soon plant equipment will be moving to the factory floor to have the facility operational by the end of calendar year 2015, as planned.
The Air Force is struggling to generate enough organic aircrews to support the high operational demand for MQ-1 Predators and MQ-9 Reapers and is considering hiring contractors as pilots and sensor operators to support non-combat missions after an existing arrangement expires in 2016.
- SOCOM Eyes Draft RFP For Developing Unmanned ISR Program
- Air Force Approves Plan To Reduce Cycle Time Between MQ-9 Upgrades
- LCS-4 Completes Dynamic Interface Testing With Unmanned Fire Scout
- U.K. Reapers Deployed To Iraq
- AUVSI's Annual Conference To Take Place Next Month
- UAS Used In Recent Aegis BMD Tracking Test
- Northrop Tests Unmanned Minehunting Vehicle Planned For LCS Flight II
- Navy Tests Swarmboat Technology, Operational Demo Within One Year
- Army Wants New Unmanned Aerial Vehicle For Long-Range Reconnaissance
- ACC Exploring Requirement For Affordable Surveillance And Strike Aircraft
- ACC Supports Northrop's Global Hawk Universal Payload Adapter Solution
- AETC Considering Universal RPA Simulator That Combines T-6, PRIME
- Global Hawk Testing Shifts Right Following Radar, PED Integration Delay
- Air Force Bringing Adverse Weather Capabilities To Global Hawk
- Northrop Confident Global Hawk Can Carry SYERS, Optical Bar Camera
- General Dynamics Pitched Autonomous Ground Vehicle To Marine Corps
- Textron To Develop Unmanned Mine-Hunting System For Navy's LCS
The Federal Aviation Administration is weeks, if not days, away from releasing a draft rule on the safe integration of small unmanned aircraft into the national airspace system.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.