News on Global Hawk sensors, Reapers, K-MAX and much more. Read the Alert
The Air Force this week is holding closed-door meetings with Northrop Grumman to discuss the fate of the Global Hawk Block 30 unmanned aircraft following a directive issued by a panel of powerful lawmakers that the service make a significant investment in upgrading the sensors on the planes.
House authorizers and appropriators have told the Air Force to buy additional MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aircraft in fiscal year 2014, at least six more than the 12-plane procurement plan the service originally proposed in its budget request.
A German defense ministry report says the cancellation of the Euro Hawk spy drone program will have no "immediate" consequence for the planned NATO Alliance Ground Surveillance system, but experts believe an emerging European debate over the airworthiness certification of unmanned aircraft could prove Berlin wrong.
- Army Eyes Integration Testing Of Ground-Based, Sense-And-Avoid System
- RQ-21 Unit Cost Nearly Doubles From Low-Rate To Full-Rate Production
- Army Plans To Pursue Cargo UAS Demonstrations At NTC This Fall
- Air Force Moves Forward With 21-Aircraft Global Hawk Purchase Plan
- Panel Seeks Update On Joint Efforts To Integrate UAS Into U.S. Skies
- DOD Eyes UAS Ground Station Architecture Software Update, Migration
- House May Stop Navy From Conducting UCAS-D Refueling On Surrogate
- Navy Successful In Early Development Of Common UAV Control System
- Lockheed Martin Integrating Its Unmanned Vehicles, Controllers, Software
- Army Plans Shadow UAS Engine Competition For Production, Sustainment
- Congress Wants USAF To Keep Global Hawks, Upgrade Their Sensors
- German 'Euro Hawk' Decisions Could Set Tone For Continent's UAS Plans
- After First Flight, MQ-4C Triton Slated For First Deployment In 2016
- Official: Germany Seeking Insights On Navy's Triton UAS For Euro Hawk
- Lawmakers Ask Army To Assess Possible Cargo UAS Program
- Army Report To Congress On The Shadow UAS Alternative Engine
- DOD FY-13 MIP Reprogramming Request
- DOD's FY-14 OCO Spending Request
- Air Force Report To Congress On Global Hawk Block 30 Divestiture
- House Lawmakers' Letter To DOD On Global Hawk
- Senate Authorizers' Hearing On The Air Force's FY-14 Budget
- DOD's Draft FY-13 Reprogramming Request
- U.N. Report On Autonomous Weapons
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.