We've got big news on Global Hawk, an eyewitness account of X-47B testing and more. Read the Alert
The Air Force has put Northrop Grumman on contract for one final order of remotely piloted RQ-4B aircraft, bringing the service a step closer to satisfying its total requirement and ending Global Hawk production.
ABOARD THE USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN-71) -- The Navy on Sunday held its first demonstration of carrier-based integrated flight operations involving manned and unmanned aircraft, with the X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System-Demonstrator's most recent detachment aboard the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt.
Lockheed Martin is touting its simulation of a fully autonomous mission using an unmanned helicopter and unmanned ground vehicle.
- Army Acquisition Chief Sets Sights On Future Robotics Platforms
- Navy Looks To Repair The K-MAX Air Vehicle Damaged In Afghanistan
- Wing Commander: Guard Inherently Suited To Reaper, Predator Operations
- FAA Sets Plans For Unmanned Aircraft Center Of Excellence
- Army Reveals Top Priorities In 'Force 2025 And Beyond' Strategy
- Army Cargo UAS Capability Could Cost Twice As Much As Existing Helo
- Outgoing ACC Chief Talks Up U-2, Plays Down New Unmanned ISR Aircraft
- RQ-21A Shipboard Testing Delayed Due To Ship Availability
- DARPA Wants White Papers On 'Squad X' Dismounted Info-Sharing
- NAVAIR Will Award BAMS-D UAS Contract To Northrop
- House Lawmaker Advocates Emphasis On Navy's UCLASS
- Air Force: 96 Predator And Reaper Combat Mishaps Since 2001
- Marines Continue To Develop Cargo UAS Requirements After K-MAX Deployment
- Army Successfully Tests NERO Aboard Gray Eagle UAS
- Pentagon Delays UCLASS Review Due To Leadership Scheduling Conflicts
- Autonomous Mine Detection System Award Pushed Back To September
- Northrop Wins Deal To Fix Software On Global Hawk Radar
As it develops its unmanned vehicle platforms, the Army is moving toward more open interface standards that will improve communication between subsystems and allow larger vehicles to be used as unmanned platforms, according to an Army official.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.