News this week on UCLASS, K-MAX, Air Force "mishap" numbers and more. Read the Alert
As lawmakers and Pentagon officials debate whether the overseas contingency operations budget is being used as a "slush fund," Air Force mishap numbers appear to support the service's request to buy 12 MQ-9 Reapers using wartime funds.
The Marine Corps is developing requirements for a future cargo unmanned aerial system platform following the deployment of the K-MAX system in Afghanistan, according to a Navy official.
The Army successfully tested a new communications jammer on an unmanned aerial vehicle last month as part of the service's efforts to develop the next generation of electronic warfare capabilities.
- Autonomous Mine Detection System Award Pushed Back To September
- Northrop Wins Deal To Fix Software On Global Hawk Radar
- Congress Concerned UCLASS Will Develop Before Requirements Are Set
- Navy Set To Launch UCLASS Competition Next Week
- Despite Progress, Training Backlog Slows Guard's Conversion To MQ-9
- Army Eyes Upcoming Common Display Test For UAS Operators
- Navy Will Significantly Delay Early Operational Capability For UCLASS If House Cuts Stand
- Senate Appropriators Mark Up FY-15 Defense Spending Bill
- UCLASS Final Request For Proposals Release On Track For End Of July
- Australia Extends Deployment Of RPAs; UK Sends More Reapers
- Iowa ANG To Bring Forward Schedule For Reaper Transition To Late FY-15
- Global Hawk Flies In NATO ISR Exercise
- Army Conducts Successful UAS Sense-And-Avoid System Integration Test
- Army Testing App Integration With New Open Architecture UAS Controller
- Navy Awards $275M Contract Mod To Raytheon For Standard Missile-6 Buy
- Raytheon To Demonstrate MALD On Reaper In 2015; Planning EW Upgrade
- DOD, FAA Seek Help To Reduce Cost, Size Of UAS Sense-And-Avoid Systems
The Pentagon did not hold a meeting planned for last week on the Navy's Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike program due to a scheduling conflict, according to a Defense Department official.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.