Competing test priorities have tied up resources for MQ-9 Block 5 testing, allowing stubborn thermal and power management problems to persist on the MQ-9 Reaper, according to the Pentagon's director of operational test and evaluation.
iRobot has agreed to sell its defense and security business to private-equity firm Arlington Capital Partners for as much as $45 million.
The Pentagon has notified an influential House lawmaker that the Navy's controversial Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike system will evolve to an unmanned tanker program.
- Chief of naval research outlines service's contributions to Third Offset Strategy
- Air Force polling industry on remotely piloted aircraft sense-and-avoid options
- MS-177 sensor would bring tactical agility, persistence to Global Hawk
- DARPA seeks ways to protect naval operations from underwater drones
- Blackjack achieves IOC
- MDA charts $1.3B course to new UAV-borne, missile-killing laser 'before 2020'
- Air Force to complete enlisted RPA pilot implementation plan this summer
- Northrop to demonstrate three sensors on Global Hawk this year
- Officials will launch unmanned aerial vehicle from V-22 Osprey this spring
- MDA issues clarification on directed-energy plans
- Blackjack achieves IOC
- Army cargo unmanned system not likely, top aviation official says
- DARPA eyes undersea communication technology for unmanned vehicles
- Commission eyes role of Chinese investment, robotics on U.S. security
- Eyeing China, Russia, Army commissions independent blueprint for future technological overmatch
- Navy seeks small UAS for foreign partners to use in day, night operations
- Gen. Otto offers vision for fiscal year 2017 Air Force ISR budget
- Air Force locked into sole-source contract for MQ-9 and MQ-1 maintenance
- Unmanned systems summit to be held March 29-30
Defense Secretary Ash Carter provided surprising new details about work -- until now largely classified -- of a secretive office he established three years ago to fast-track development of promising, cutting-edge concepts and technologies -- like swarming drones -- to give U.S. forces new advantages against countries such as China and Russia.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.