News on the Fire Scout maritime search radar and more. Read the Alert
The Navy recently released a final request for proposals for the MQ-8C Fire Scout maritime search radar, according to a Federal Business Opportunities notice.
RoboTeam, a relatively new entrant to the unmanned ground vehicles market, earlier this month won a $25 million contract with the Air Force to provide an explosive ordnance disposal robot.
Robotic vehicles may help the Army "bring mass back to the fight" in the near future, amplifying manned platforms with numerous low-cost, semi-autonomous systems, according to the draft version of the service's new combat vehicle vision.
- Air Force Culture Process Improvement Program Seeks RPA Training Solution
- RPA Pilots Often Doubt Releasing Weapons, Upcoming Study Shows
- Senior Air Force Leaders OK With Enlisted RPA Pilots
- Carter Lays Out Air Force FY-17 Priorities Amid Congressional Gridlock
- Air Force Skeptical Of Lockheed U-2 Replacement Advances
- MQ-8B Avionics Bay Redesign To Withstand Corrosive Elements At Sea
- Marines Will Upgrade K-MAX Air Vehicles And Send To Test Squadron
- UCLASS Requirements Debate Extended To This Fall
- France Eyes General Atomics GCS For Cognac To Meet ISR Need
- University Of Dayton Analyzes Human-Machine Trust With Robot
- Marines Will Field Large, Sea-Based UAS With Strike Capability In 2025
- Continuing Resolution Delays Would Trigger Global Hawk Cost Increases
- Defense Department Aims To Increase Medium UAV Use By 50 Percent
- Boeing Will Offer Echo Ranger Variant For Navy LDUUV Competition
- DARPA Plans Proposers' Day For Air-Launch, Air-Recover Drones Program
- Greenert: Navy Not Where It Wants To Be Regarding UAVs
- Air Force Plan Keeps Civilian RPA Contractors Out Of Strike Activities
- Gilmore Tells DSB That Autonomous System Testing Should Be Realistic
The Defense Department is in the process of prioritizing which legacy weapon systems should receive resources in fiscal year 2017 that would go toward "hardening" them against cyber attacks, according to the Pentagon's No. 2 official.
- Senate Authorizers' FY-15 Defense Policy Bill, Report
- Senate Committee's Summary Of The FY-15 Defense Policy Bill
- Army Sources-Sought Notice On Ground Vehicle Technologies
- House Armed Services Committee's FY-15 Defense Authorization Bill
- House Bill On Pivot To Asia-Pacific
- DARPA Broad Agency Announcement For CODE
- DOD's 'Open Business Model For Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Systems'
- DOD's December 2013 Selected Acquisition Report Summary
InsideDefense.com's Unmanned Systems Alert is the only independent news source covering the U.S. military's growing complement of unmanned systems. Tapping the editorial excellence of Inside the Pentagon, Inside the Air Force, Inside the Army, Inside the Navy and InsideDefense.com, our Unmanned Systems Alert keeps readers up to speed on unmanned aerial, ground and undersea systems, budgets, policies and more. Read more about Unmanned Systems Alert
One-year subscriptions to Unmanned Systems Alert start at just $300 per person, and economical site licenses are available for larger groups. To subscribe, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our customer service department at 703-416-8505.